Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

So much choice so little time!

Posted by mattspeak on 25/11/2011 at 03:09

Hello – firstly, thanks for reading.

I'll keep it quick – I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on where I should go this Xmas seeing as how there's just soo much choice – AirAsia makes any part of SE Asia possible!

Off to KL on the 19th Dec. Have 3 weeks. Living in Manchester (UK) sunshine is a bit of a novelty... so I'd quite like to guarantee sunshine. I know that the W.coast of Thailand is your best bet but I came to Thailand last winter.

Where can we go that's...

- Near guaranteed sunshine (I know this isn't definite, but I just don't fancy being in a storm every 2 days - (i know that they're cool, but sometimes you just need sunshine!)
- Paradise, my other half hasn't been to white sands and palm trees
- A bit of a backpacker vibe, but nothing like Phuket, Phi Phi etc - so if anything its just the type of accommodation we would choose.
- Under $40ish on a flight (if needed)
- Xmas / NYE... enough for there to be a party... we're 26 so we'll still like a good time, just not a shitty UV-clad party with 10,000 pissed gap year kids (no offence intended!)!

Thought about Indo - any suggestions where would be the driest part?

Thanks for your time and thoughts, it's really appreciated.

Matthew

#1 mattspeak has been a member since 8/11/2010. Posts: 7

Posted by chinarocks on 25/11/2011 at 04:06

The Phillipines?

Boracay could tick some of your boxes above, although you may need to spend more than $40 on a flight to the Phillipines from KL.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 23/12/2011 at 03:23

Most of it this time of year will be dry and farely sunny througout the day. I suggest somewhere like Koh Lanta. Here Phi Phi is a day trip away. There is a chilled party vibe with csome cool bars. But, nothing on the likes of Haad Rins hideous full moon party. No offence intended :)

#3 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.