Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Contraception

Posted by Dan87 on 28/2/2007 at 06:12

I will be spending 6 months travelling in Thialand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Are the condoms found in these countrys safe to use if i buy from decent places such as phamaricies and clinics, or big stalls and supermarkets that look respectable?

Or would you advice taking them with me? Just 6 months along time and heat can affect condoms so the long i store them in my backpack the worse.

#1 Dan87 has been a member since 28/2/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/2/2007 at 08:36 admin

Hi Dan,

You can buy them throughout those countries -- in all major towns -- mostly at chemists. There's generally a local generic brand and better-known international brands to choose from -- I'd suggest the latter.

Interestingly in Thailand, condoms are often sold in sizes -- small, medium and large!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 2/3/2007 at 08:53

like somtam says, there are both locally-made and international brand condoms available pretty much everywhere in those countries. it will be a good idea to take a few of your favorite brand with you for the start of your trip, so you'll have time to try what is available and see which brands work for you. also as somtam says, sizes do vary and some of the locally-made brands will be a bit more snug than back home. be safe. cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,660
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.