Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

wanted to know how to get back deleted photos?

Posted by cailean on 23/1/2012 at 09:21

I had a lot of photos in my external hard drive which my sister deleted. I wanted to know how to get them back.

#1 cailean has been a member since 23/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by goonistik on 23/1/2012 at 10:38

Look for file recovery tools for your OS. Until you are ready to attempt recovery, don't save files to the HD. It would be best not to use the HD until you are finished recovering what you can.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 23/1/2012 at 12:55

I've had good success with Recuva - it even worked to get all photos off a flash card that had become corrupted.

After you successfully restore them, deal with the sister!!

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 24/1/2012 at 09:04 TF writer

I've done that too... thought I had copied them from the memory card, but hadn't! I only achieved partial success with this program, but at least it was free:

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.