Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Best route to take from the UK visiting Thailand, Laos, Vietnam then Oz??

Posted by DayDreamer86 on 2/2/2012 at 10:04

Hello fellow travellers

Can anyone please help me with the best route to take if i'm travelling from the UK and visiting North Thailand (Chaing Mai/Rai) and some of the islands (recommendations welcome) then onto Laos (Namtha, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng) and then Vietnam (Hanoi and Halong Bay)

Am I right in thinking by air from Uk - Bangkok - Chaing Mai. Then buses from then on, to Laos and Vietnam? I am going to Australia after wards.

This is the route I have in my head at the moment but I am unsure if it's the right one to take, for less travel time? Also I am aware the Island are further down so should I go to Bangkok the islands then to Chaing Mai?

#1 DayDreamer86 has been a member since 31/1/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Send DayDreamer86 a private message 

Posted by DayDreamer86 on 2/2/2012 at 10:55

I think my best route might be

International Flight to Bangkok (Overnight) – Boat/Train to Koh Samui – Internal flight to Chaing mai – Bus/train to Laos (Namtha) – Bus/Train to Vietnam (Hanoi) - International flight to Cairns

Recommendations welcome...... :)

#2 DayDreamer86 has been a member since 31/1/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Send DayDreamer86 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.