Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

weather concern

Posted by wolfiehogan on 21/2/2012 at 16:42

hi guys
this is a brilliant site and there is so much good information on it, i am planning a trip to include the usuals thailand laos cambodia, vietnam and even some islands, im am planning to do this trip from mid june and will be there for around 10 weeks. my worry is that as i am going in wet season, what countries should i try and see first to get the best off the weather(if that makes any sense)also which direction should i travel to use my time best. thanks for any advise

#1 wolfiehogan has been a member since 21/2/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by busylizzy on 21/2/2012 at 16:56

If you go to the main page for each country (eg Places -> ) there is a Weather link at the top of each page that will give you some of the info you are looking for and can help you work out a plan.

There is also a cool interactive weather map for Thailand (

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by KevandJho on 24/2/2012 at 23:51

June is defintley not the best time to travel to your aformentioned places.

Check out this link that I've found to be helpful regarding weather and travel....

#3 KevandJho has been a member since 15/9/2011. Posts: 65

Posted by MADMAC on 25/2/2012 at 02:01

It's going to rain man. No getting around that. As Liz says, check the weather data on each place and you can try to work around it. But you're going to get wet.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.