Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

TRAVEL BUDDY/ADVICE for SE Asia, September 2012 onwards

Posted by RC2012 on 16/4/2012 at 09:19

Hi,
Im 22 and travelling alone, I'm leaving from London and will be landing in Bangkok in early September, I want to embrace the true backpackers experience so I will be going with no timecales or planned route but here is what I want to go,
Thailand (north & south)
Laos
Vietnam
Cambodia
Malaysia
Singpore
Indonesia
Australia
New Zealand
I know I will need a visa before for Aus/NZ and Vietnam so I will be applying for those while i'm out there but i'm going to just take each day as it comes and go with the flow, mainly because If I really like somewhere then I can just chill there for abit or if someone I meet is moving on then i'm not tied to anything and I can just move on with them.
I'm not going just to party for however long i'm there, I do want to experience different foods, cultures and the way they live but I will also be going to full moon parties and day trips (diving, trekking, tours etc)
will anyone be travelling any of the above from september onwards? if so it would be great to meet up with other travellers.
Also if anyone has any advice this will be great.
Thanks everyone.
Ryan

#1 RC2012 has been a member since 5/4/2012. Posts: 20
 Send RC2012 a private message 

Posted by vancit on 26/7/2012 at 14:41

Ryan,
It sounds like we have very similar travel plans. I am a 23 year old female from Canada traveling to Koh Samui, Thailand September 16 and will be participating in a yoga teachers training course until October 14th. I then plan on traveling through southern Thailand and hitting as many beaches as possible. I am also a culinary graduate and looking to travel and experience the cuisine and culture of South East Asia. I am an adventurer and want to do as many activities as possible as well as some partying along the way. I want the full backpacking experience you speak of and to just go with the flow and see what happens. My plans are to hit Thailand, Malaysia. Laos, Philippines and Indonesia. I would also love to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand if I can afford to do so. I am looking to be back in Canada by the end of March early April the very latest. Let me know if you are interested in planning on

Take Care,
Vanessa

#2 vancit has been a member since 26/7/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 10
 Send vancit a private message 

Posted by vancit on 26/7/2012 at 14:41

Ryan,
It sounds like we have very similar travel plans. I am a 23 year old female from Canada traveling to Koh Samui, Thailand September 16 and will be participating in a yoga teachers training course until October 14th. I then plan on traveling through southern Thailand and hitting as many beaches as possible. I am also a culinary graduate and looking to travel and experience the cuisine and culture of South East Asia. I am an adventurer and want to do as many activities as possible as well as some partying along the way. I want the full backpacking experience you speak of and to just go with the flow and see what happens. My plans are to hit Thailand, Malaysia. Laos, Philippines and Indonesia. I would also love to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand if I can afford to do so. I am looking to be back in Canada by the end of March early April the very latest. Let me know if you are interested in planning on

Take Care,
Vanessa

#3 vancit has been a member since 26/7/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 10

Posted by RC2012 on 26/7/2012 at 17:55

Hey Vanessa, thats sounds awesome, pretty much the same as what im doing :) i've booked my flight and leave on 2nd of Aug but staying with a friend for the first month then sept I will be on my own, its my 23rd birthday on the 11th so will be celebrating that to :)

It will be cool to talk more and meet up if were in the same area, do you have facebook or email?

Ryan

#4 RC2012 has been a member since 5/4/2012. Posts: 20
 Send RC2012 a private message 

Posted by vancit on 27/7/2012 at 13:45

Ryan,

I just changed my profile settings to allow private messages so you can reach me that way. Hopefully we can figure something out and arrange to meet up somewhere along the lines.

Vanessa

#5 vancit has been a member since 26/7/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 10

Posted by AAA123 on 8/10/2012 at 01:31

Hey guys,

I am also a 22 year old female from Vancouver, Canada coming to Thailand solo and hopefully landing in Bangkok around October 15th (I'll be buying my flight this week). I plan to go-with-the-flow as well, I haven't decided if I will spend 2 or 4 months in SE Asia, however I am pretty much up for anything. It does sound like we have similar plans anyway.

It would be awesome to meet up and make some friends right away!

Alix

#6 AAA123 has been a member since 8/10/2012. Posts: 3
 Send AAA123 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.