Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Another intinerary q.....sorry,

Posted by withshoeson on 16/4/2007 at 18:44

Ok. So I am about to book flights for mid July- mid oct , but I need to know if my itinerary is possible, or to crammed, anything I should take out or put in. I’ve planned for 35-45AUD a day and a 600AUD fund for visa’s, Halong and Angkor. And a credit card for the odd flight. Good planning?
I will be doing the normal loop.
Cambodia- 2 Weeks
Siem Reip, Battambang, Phnom Penh, Sihonoukville, Kampot
Vietnam- 3.5 weeks
Saigon, Dalat, Na Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Mai Chau
Laos- 2 Weeks
Vieng Xai, Sam Neua, Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, Vientiane
Myanmar 2 weeks
Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Yangon
Thailand 2.5 weeks
Bangkok, Lop Burri, Ko Pa Nang, Bangkok
1 week emergency, for rained out days.
This will be my first Independent solo trip, any help will be much appreciated.

Also, anyone had any experience with World Nomad insurence? recomended?
thanks for your time

#1 withshoeson has been a member since 31/3/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/4/2007 at 20:24 admin

Hi withshoeson,

This is the kind of plan I like -- it's pretty general, with lots of broad strokes -- leaves you with a lot of wiggle room to see just where the travels takes you.

My only suggestions would be to consider trying to fit Sapa into your northern Vietnam part and if you wanted, with two and a half weeks you could see more of Thailand if you wanted -- Sangkhlaburi is a great, really sleepy spot that would be a great way to fill three days.

Regarding World Nomads, I've used them on many occasions (actually just bought a policy for my mother-in-law with them!) and I've no complaints. I've not ever had to make a claim though.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,643
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by withshoeson on 17/4/2007 at 16:21

thanks for you recomendation! i will definately add Sangkhlaburi to the list, sounds like my kind of place. i think i will leave it to the end, that way the emergency days i dont use, i can use there.

thanks again.

#3 withshoeson has been a member since 31/3/2007. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.