Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Next adventure. Travel buddy?

Posted by potta_boro on 28/6/2012 at 09:15

Sooo, here we go again...

Hoping to arrive in BKK in September around the 12th and this is my rough plan:
Start in Bangkok and stay there for a few days and sort visas out and whatever then head up to Chiang Mai with maybe a few stops on the way, and maybe Chiang Rai, then I plan on heading back to Bangkok and catching a flight over too Hanoi ,

Once in Hanoi I plan on buying a motorcycle and doing the top to tail ride finishing up in HCMC then either ditch the back or carry on with it into Cambodia (problems getting a Vietnamese motorbike into Cambodia, or so I've read) and once in Cambodia I want to do the usual suspects, Phnom Penh, Kampot, Siem Reap and Battambang (Any other suggestions?) then make my way back to Bangkok before heading home, ideally I would like to experience FMP but it's obviously a bit out of the way on my route!

Any input on my trip? I'm going to have roughly between 2-3 months travel time I want to do this on a budget but saying that I don't want to be sleeping in a sewer, so once again another question for you on a budget? I want adventure, culture, street food and memories.

I'd really like a buddy for the Vietnam motorbike trip or even the whole thing if anyone's interested?

Any feedback is good feedback so fire away...

Cheers.

#1 potta_boro has been a member since 3/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 56
 Twitter 

Posted by Tilapia on 29/6/2012 at 11:42

Just in case you haven't seen this site ... it's quite useful.

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35892-Vietnam-Trip-Planning-2012

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,499
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.