Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary Advice for Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos(17days)

Posted by cookiemonster12 on 11/7/2012 at 16:31

Hi everyone, sorry if uve heard all this before but just trying to plan for 1st time trip to south east asia. Any advice would be really appreciated. Flying in and out of Bangkok on 2nd August until 22nd August. So roughly have 17 days to travel, rest and enjoy. The main places I'd love to visit are:

Cambodia: Really want to see Siem Reap, Angkor Wat (Maybe Sianoukville)
Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh ( maybe Mekong Delta), Hoi An, Hanoi & Halong Bay
Laos: Luang Prabang

I know it's probably too much trying to see the 3 countries, would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

#1 cookiemonster12 has been a member since 11/7/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by Caroline12 on 11/3/2015 at 09:59

Hi,
Were you able to do most of what you wanted in that amount of time? I realize this is an old post but I'm about to travel SEA and am trying to make it to 3 countries in the same time frame.

#2 Caroline12 has been a member since 8/3/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by STEEBEE84 on 19/3/2015 at 14:06

Hi Caroline
Just reading the post, I would say that this would be too much for that amount of time. by all means you would be able to do all of them, but you would spend the majority of the time travelling, flights are a way of speeding it up, but flights say from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville are quite pricey (last time I checked anyway) and you could do an overnight bus, but when I did this from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh I was warned against travelling by bus at night as the roads are quite bad. I haven't done Laos yet, but from what research i've done flights in and out of Luang Prabang are quite expensive, and bus travel can be quite lengthy for such a small break.

Anyway enjoy your travels :)

Cheers
Ste

#3 STEEBEE84 has been a member since 1/8/2014. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25
 Send STEEBEE84 a private message   Where has STEEBEE84 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.