Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

25 days - Northern+ Sourthern Vietnam, Laos

Posted by horstinho on 11/7/2012 at 16:31

Thanks in advance for any recommendations! :) We will have 25 days time from the beginning of august to the beginning of september... As this is by far not enough time to see everything we want to see it is very difficult to choose from the long list of interesting places... We don't want to spend to much time on long distance bus travailing so i figured out the following route... (The vietnam flights are cheap - the laos flights are not) Would anybody recommend a different route/different places instead (rainy season)? What do you think about my choice? Should we skip one part and see some places of northern thailand instead?

1. Arrival in Bangkok (no need to stay there)
2. Flight to Saigon (Visit some places in south vietnam and enjoy the nice beaches there, spend a day in the city) How many days would we need?
Flight from Saigon to Hanoi (1-2 days in the city,Visit the surrounding area, Halong bay ect.) How many days would be good?
Flight to Luang Prabang (Travel down to Vang vieng and later Vientiane) How much time should we dedicate to this region?
Flight back to Bangkok

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, whatsoever :)

#1 horstinho has been a member since 11/7/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.