Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Help on Budget

Posted by HollyN on 13/7/2012 at 02:17

Hello - I am looking at travelling Thailand with a friend in mid September for about 5 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone knew roughly how much I could do this for?
We are not sure if we will be doing Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, or just Thailand and the islands. Could anyone help on a rough estimate on each of these so I know which trip will be best? On a budget of about £1000 to £1500 for the 5 weeks if this will be enough?

Thanks

#1 HollyN has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 18

Posted by Captain_Bob on 13/7/2012 at 04:25

In Thai currency you're looking at about THB1400-2100/day. For daily accommodation, food, drink, and a few sundries, basic transport and occasional daytrip that is a manageable budget. Is that per person or for both of you? A minimum practical backpacker budget is around 1000baht (20quid)/person/day. Prices vary from one location to the next - for example the southern Thai beaches can cost double of what you spend up north.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by HollyN on 13/7/2012 at 13:02

Hiya thank very much for your help!

What do you think will be more possible with my budget, doing just Thailand and the islands, or doing Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Or would £1500 be a stetch to do all 3?

#3 HollyN has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 18

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.