Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

roughly weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand

Posted by wags3671 on 17/9/2012 at 09:29

Hi everyone,

I will be spending the first three weeks of Nov. in SEA and while I have cut a lot, here is what I am thinking. I will be flying to save time. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Arrive Hanoi Nov. 1
Nov 2 Hanoi
Nov 3 Hanoi
Nov 4 Halong Bay
Nov 5 Fly to Da Nang to Hoi An
Nov 6 Hoi An
Nov 7 Hoi An, Fly out to HCMC work way to Can Tho
Nov 8 Can Tho
Nov 9 Can Tho
Nov 10 Fly to Cambodia or do Chau Doc crossing on boat to Siem Rep
Nov 11 Angor Wat
Nov 12 Angor Wat
Nov 13 Angor Wat
Nov 14 Morning Fly to Thailand
Nov 14 - 20 in Bangkok and Chiang Mai

I am a single woman, who has traveled solo before but any suggestions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

#1 wags3671 has been a member since 17/1/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by daawgon on 17/9/2012 at 12:46

I'm not a fan of Can Tho - the VERY LARGE city in the Delta - there are much nicer destinations in that area.

I would personally skip Cambodia since you have overlooked several good places in Vietnam (Sapa and Dalat come to mind).

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,112

Posted by MADMAC on 19/9/2012 at 05:49

I presume there are reasons why you want to go to each place. So it's hard to comment. With three weeks I would pick one country. You don't specify your APOD but I would assume it's BKK. Doing the entry in one place, exit in another makes sense when you have months to slowly transit a region. It makes no sense in my mind when you have three weeks. Unless you have very specific places you want to see for a reason - which again I am assuming is your case. So given the paucity of information about that subject, it's tough to comment on.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by jennysjourney on 19/9/2012 at 09:25

Hi,

I wouldn't think you need to spend that long in Angor Wat, possibly cut it down to two days and have an extra day somewhere else. Maybe you could spend more time in HCMC that way? I also wouldn't recommend spending too long in Bangkok, there are so many more beautiful places in Thailand, such as the Phi Phi islands. This is quite a good itinerary to get some ideas from: http://www.holiday-n-adventure.co.uk/thailand-tours/thailand-vietnam-laos-cambodia-itinerary.htm

#4 jennysjourney has been a member since 13/9/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.