Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

finding tea and tea ware in sea

Posted by melmariet on 1/2/2013 at 18:32

Hello! Can anyone give me any advice on finding good quality loose leaf tea in southeast Asia? I'm interested in all kinds but mostly Chinese tea. Looking for clay pots, for the Chinese gong ** tea ceremony...
Any help would be appreciated!

#1 melmariet has been a member since 10/4/2009. Posts: 22

Posted by UsTwo on 1/2/2013 at 23:29

Check out Mae Salong in northern Thailand.
The district was settled by the anti-communist Chinese, after the King of Thailand gifted them the land, in appreciation of their assistance in the fight against Chairman Mao's mob.
It's a very pretty town, with houses perched along the ridge lines, overlooking their crops, and there are several tea processing 'factories' along the road. Just out of the town is a memorial to the soldiers, and incorporated is an exhibition and sales area. I'm sure you would find almost anything associated with tea.

#2 UsTwo has been a member since 22/4/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 71
 Send UsTwo a private message 

Posted by fondo on 2/2/2013 at 02:22

Agree with Mae Salong, I've bought some lovely teas from there. I've bought pots everywhere ... Singapore, Vientiane, KL, Bangkok ... just look.

#3 fondo has been a member since 23/6/2006. Posts: 172
 Where has fondo been? 

Posted by goonistik on 2/2/2013 at 05:35

Binondo, Manila should have loose-leaf tea. Clay pots i'm not sure. I see porcelain and ceramic pots and cups.

#4 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by melmariet on 2/2/2013 at 05:57

Thanks guys I'll be checking those suggestions out,if anyone else is interested vang vieng has a mulberry tea farm that's organic too. Its good.

#5 melmariet has been a member since 10/4/2009. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.