Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Budget- 6 Week trip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia

Posted by carzyyy on 26/6/2013 at 02:03

Hi All

Just wondering what sort of budget I need to be looking at for 6 weeks in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
My friend and I are travelling together and plan to either stay in private rooms at hostels or budget hotels. How much a day should we budget for, in australia or US dollars?

#1 carzyyy has been a member since 13/4/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by chinarocks on 26/6/2013 at 05:17

Hey there

No real hostels in my experience of SE Asia but budget hotels are ten a penny. Generally no need to book in advance - arrive somewhere, have a rough idea of where you'd like to stay in that town/city and then just go scope out the available accomodation and by all means haggle a little.

Only six weeks for three countries probably means moving around quite a bit, which will increase your costs.

Very ballpark I'm gonna say 2,000 USD (per person) will leave you comfortable for 6 weeks (excluding your flights to and from home). That's just under 50 USD per day, which many on here may consider excessive and certainly more than enough to get by on.

Good luck!

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.