Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

cambodia & laos with kids help with itinery

Posted by idit on 29/6/2013 at 02:22

hello
we are lending in siem reap 12\8 we have around 20-24 days which we want to split between cambodia & laos (after words will be for 2 weeks on the thai islands) how would you recomend to split the days?
more of cambodia? more of laos?
considering we are with 3 kids (4'7'11) which means we try to stay longer than one night in places ,we are considering also kids things
wany diffarances in terms of wether? (its wet season..)

tks idit

#1 idit has been a member since 29/6/2013. Posts: 13

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/6/2013 at 22:00 admin

Hi,
You'll be smack bang in the middle of the wet season then (for both Cambodia and Laos) so I'd be expecting at least some rain most days. Though on the upside, the Gulf Thailand islands ( Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngana and Ko Tao ) will have great weather in August.

So, you could do something like:

Arrive Siem Reap 3 days
Phnom Penh 3 days
Kratie 2 days (for the dolphins)
4,000 islands in Laos ( Don Dhet and/or Don Khon ) 4 days
Tha Khaek (for the Tha Khaek Loop ) 2 days
Vientiane 2 days
Vang Vieng 3 days
Luang Prabang 3 days

Then backtrack out to Thailand via Vientiane, train to Bangkok then train/ferry down to the southern islands (or fly from Luang Prabang depending on your budget)

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by idit on 30/6/2013 at 00:56

hi & thanks for your reply!
actually my hesitation is whether to do it similar to what you have suggested or to be only at Siem reap and put the rest of the days in Laos doing slower moves and maybe including the area of luang namate .I m wandering what will be better and more interesting for the kids-Cambodia or Laos...
thks. Idit

#3 idit has been a member since 29/6/2013. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.