Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

SE ASIA / Singapore - couple of questions

Posted by 9preciousGems on 11/7/2013 at 04:28

Am planning on booking a flight from London to Singapore returning ~ 6 months later. I want to use Singapore as my main hub and will probably travel north through Malaysia and Thailand via train. Can anyone envisage any immigration/visa isses with having a return date 6 months in the future? (UK passport holder)

Also can anyone recommend anywhere nice to stay that has private ensuite but also has a good communal area so it's easy to meet other travellers? ie strikes a nice balance between hotel and hostel

TIA!

#1 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Posted by 9preciousGems on 15/7/2013 at 08:20

(hopeful?) bump

#2 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/7/2013 at 08:33 admin

Into Singapore? No I wouldn't expect any problems with immigration. Malaysia likewise no, though I'd plan on getting a Thai tourist visa in KL or Penang.

For digs in Singapore, I'm going to be lazy and point you to some of the posts on the Singapore wire -- if you're planning on using there as a hub you'll probably find a fair bit of interest.

Interesting digs in Singapore

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by 9preciousGems on 15/7/2013 at 08:36

Excellent thanks for the link. Will have a browse now. Apologies for the very specific digs request though - hopefully i will find something there.

I will most probably get a 60 day tourist via for Thailand before i set off from UK

#4 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.