Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

SE Asia Travel

Posted by Travelling_Girl on 30/9/2013 at 13:29

Hi all,

I am a new traveller, planning to start my journey towards the end of 2014. I am travelling solo and plan to arrive in Bangkok for about a week and thereafter take the overnight train to Chiang Mai . From Chiang Mai I hope to travel by slow boat to Luang Prabang and spend about 3/4 weeks travelling south through Laos and then 3/4 weeks in Cambodia. From Cambodia, I would like to spend some time on the islands, firstly visiting Koh Kut. I'm trying not to plan too much and be fairly flexible.

I understand that to reach Koh Kut I need to firstly make my way to Trat . What I am not sure is the best route to take from Cambodia to Trat and any advice would be appreciated. Or would it be better to go straight to the islands after Bangkok?

Do you recommend any other island for a few days to spend on the beach? I'm not keen on anything too touristy or developed, but would like somewhere fairly accessible.

Thanks in advance.

#1 Travelling_Girl has been a member since 16/9/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 30/9/2013 at 19:30

Bkk to islands is easier than going from Cambodia. Koh Chang is the obvious other island to visit and there's small Ko Wai and the medium Ko Maak. Those islands are next to Kood. Kood is the most expensive of the 4 with a long transfer as well and pretty much no nightlife. Chang is the best allrounder.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/10/2013 at 03:13

"What I am not sure is the best route to take from Cambodia to Trat and any advice would be appreciated"

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.