Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Backpacking SE Asia in January for 6 months - Travel buds wanted!

Posted by AaronCole on 23/10/2013 at 13:45

Hey all!

I'll be landing in Bangkok 4th January, my birthday, and intend to go to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

No set itinerary I'm just gonna choose somewhere I like the look of from a travel guide or recommendation and make my way there with no set time scale.
Hopefully meeting some great people and having awesome adventures along the way!

If this sounds like something you'd like to get involved with, please get in touch :)

Big love, Aaron.

#1 AaronCole has been a member since 4/10/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Send AaronCole a private message 

Posted by noberoi31 on 23/10/2013 at 15:28

Hey Aaron,

I'm landing in Indonesia on Nov 14 and will be traveling thereon through all these countries. I plan on landing in Laos in January and backpack through there, following with a bike ride through Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd love to stay in touch/meet up. Let me know if interested!

Nitya

#2 noberoi31 has been a member since 23/10/2013. Posts: 5
 Send noberoi31 a private message 

Posted by Tennouji on 24/10/2013 at 09:38

Hi Aaron/Nitya,

Honestly, you will meet lots and lots of people when you are there. You really don't need to panic and arrange to meet up with strangers via the net! Relax and enjoy yourselves.

#3 Tennouji has been a member since 22/9/2007. Location: Japan. Posts: 132
 Send Tennouji a private message 

Posted by AaronCole on 24/10/2013 at 14:19

Tennouji - Nobody is panicing! and strangers on the net or strangers while traveling. Can't do any harm to have people to meet up with in advance surely? :-P

#4 AaronCole has been a member since 4/10/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4

Posted by slowhandjr on 25/10/2013 at 04:55

Ill be already 1 month into a 6 month backpacking trip by that time! I land in Thailand (BKK) from Amsterdam on Nov. 28th and plan to stay in Thailand for the full 30 days (dec. 28). After that I'll be on the move into Laos, Cambodia, then back into Thailand to do the south then onto Indonesia!

Like the last poster said, it can't hurt to have some pals to meet up with along the way!

If the OP or anyone else is up to meet up in one of those countries then the first round is on me!

Cheers,

Justin/26/Male

#5 slowhandjr has been a member since 4/10/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 1
 Send slowhandjr a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Instagram 

Posted by AaronCole on 28/10/2013 at 15:25

Justin, allow private messaging so we can swap details

#6 AaronCole has been a member since 4/10/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.