Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Cambodia > Vietnam > laos > thailand

Posted by tingesofting on 8/11/2013 at 01:59

hi, i have seen most itineraries going from thailand > laos > vietnam > cambodia. would also look at fitting myanmar in.

i would like to do the other direction so i can end off at bkk. any implications? i haven decide on the specific places, but would likely use the planning guide and visit places stated (except in different sequence)

https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1
https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/laos-vietnam-cambodia

would welcome if you have a itinerary like this to share, especially if you have myanmar included. travel period is looking at start of may 2014, from singapore.

thanks!!

#1 tingesofting has been a member since 8/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Geer1 on 8/11/2013 at 08:24

Cheapest is to fly round trip to Bangkok and this also will work for a route like this. To get in and out of Myanmar your only real option is to fly, Bangkok has reasonable flights to/from Yangon via Air Asia.

An itinerary will all depend on how long you have to travel these countries and what you want to see. For example if you want to see southern Laos then connecting Laos and Cambodia overland makes sense although this likely will require a flight to get to or from Vietnam(again Air Asia connects Bangkok to HCMC and Hanoi for reasonable prices).

Research some of these areas a little bit more, figure out what sights/places you really want to see. Figure out how long you can travel for and if you will have enough money to travel that long and then repost with some more info and I am sure some of us could help fill in some of the blanks.

#2 Geer1 has been a member since 14/9/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has Geer1 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.