Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary changes

Posted by Bjr on 31/1/2014 at 03:37

Hi guys. It is my first time travelling alone and I'm having a great time. So far everything has been super easy to organise. I've taken advice from travel fish and kept my itinerary loose, with a rough circular plan of where I'd like to visit. This has resulted in me now being in a little town I was recommended .... Nong Khai ..... Which I love. But, it's time to move on in a couple of days, I can see Laos over the maekong from where I'm sitting now. Lao was to be my next destination as I've travelled north from bangkok, then Cambodia and Vietnam. However, Lao just isn't calling me now. Don't know why. Would I be missing a trick if I just missed it out and flew into Cambodia? I think the long journey times on squashed hot busses are putting me off a little. There seems to be no sensible route between Vientiane, vang vieng, tha khaek, Savannakhet, paste, champasak and Luang Prabang. Even using flights I'm confused. Like I said, I am new to this! Thanks for any advice.

#1 Bjr has been a member since 31/1/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 1/2/2014 at 05:07

do what you feel right

- Laos is great and you may well be missing a trick (and even with the places you list you are missing the area on the chinese border which is well worth a visit)

from Nong Khai you can get comfortable buses to Cambodian border via Khon Keng or take the train back to BKK and either bus or train from there

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.