Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

One month visas - how many days is that?

Posted by katieandchris on 2/2/2014 at 07:24

I hope this doesn't sound like a really silly question but I am just trying to figure out dates for my trip later this year.

If I was to enter Cambodia on 4th October (for example) and I got a one month tourist visa on arrival - when would I have to leave? Would it be 4th November? Or would it be 30 days after I entered?

Hope that makes sense, thanks.

#1 katieandchris has been a member since 28/7/2013. Posts: 12

Posted by antoniamitchell on 2/2/2014 at 13:15

Not a silly question at all.

Normally the day you enter counts as day 1, so they're counting days not nights the way a hotel or package holiday would - if you arrived on Monday evening and left on Tuesday morning, you'd have only stayed half a day in real time, but it would count to the border guards as 2 days. So if you arrive on 4 October with a 30 day visa on arrival, your last day (when you had to leave the country) would be 2 November.

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 499
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by katieandchris on 2/2/2014 at 13:21

Thanks for clarifying.

#3 katieandchris has been a member since 28/7/2013. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.