Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Thailand, Malaysia & Vietnam. First Time, Help Please

Posted by nasir91 on 3/2/2014 at 14:04

Hi guys,

I'm planning to go to Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam for 1 month. I was wondering if anyone can help me on where to go etc?

I would like to spend more time in Thailand than Malaysia and Vietnam.

My initial idea was to start in Bangkok stay their for couple of days, maybe head to north and stay for couple of days and head back to Bangkok. Fly to Malaysia then Vietnam and back to Bangkok, then go to the south of thailand?

Also how would the visas work, if i was to come back to Thailand after Vietnam?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated guys

#1 nasir91 has been a member since 31/1/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by antoniamitchell on 4/2/2014 at 13:54

Hi Nasir91,

Assuming you're from one of the countries listed on this page (https://www.travelfish.org/visas/thailand), you'll get 30 days visa-free in Thailand when arriving by air, and either 15 or 30 days when arriving by land (again, see the above page to determine which you get). So if you fly into Bangkok from your home, and then fly back into Bangkok from Vietnam a few weeks later, you'll be granted 30 days visa-free both times.

You will need to apply for a visa for Vietnam (the "visa-on-arrival" isn't a true visa on arrival, as you still need to apply for it in advance).

BTW, that's a lot of travelling about for a month - remember when planning out your trip that you'll lose pretty much an entire day every time you move from place to place.

Have fun!

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 516
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by daawgon on 6/2/2014 at 09:48

I would personally leave Vietnam for another trip since it's quite different from the other two countries, and really deserves it's own month to travel. I believe that you don't realize just how large the area is, and how slow and time consuming ground travel can be.

To get a proper answer, you should indicate your interests, season of travel and budget.

It also sound like you haven't read the TF Destinations sections for these countries?

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,132
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 6/2/2014 at 18:51

Depends what u want to do. Too vague.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.