Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Vietnam - Laos - Cambodia 11 Dec to 8 Jan 2015

Posted by LouisMalta on 19/2/2014 at 00:59

Hi All
Please I need all your help and suggestions for an Itinerary. We are two young adults who plan to travel to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia from 11 December 2014 till 8 January 2015. Can you please offer your suggestions like where to start, where to stop, where to go, any hotel suggestions and anything else that can help our planning. We are flying from Malta in Europe. We are not backpacking. We are adventurous, into sightseeing and also some history. Thanks for your help !!!

#1 LouisMalta has been a member since 19/2/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 19/2/2014 at 23:25 TF writer

Hi Louis

I'd suggest you take a look at featured destinations and sights to see in the countries you're thinking about.

Check the Wires section on the site - there are posts from Travelfish writers based in the countries your interested in, with information on Christmas/New Year celebrations, best time to visit certain places, things to see and do in different places etc.

Also check other posts in the forums, where people have asked for itinerary advice for those countries - you'll get some ideas of where people recommend.

You might want to be somewhere special for Christmas or New Year, which will help your itinerary planning too.

When you have a basic idea of which places you'd like to visit, then ask for recommendations for good routes, places to stay (give your budget per night) and transport options.

Happy researching!

#2 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Send AbigailatPenhandInk a private message   Website 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 20/2/2014 at 09:47

I normally use google and youtube. Looking at images and videos of places gives you an idea what they are like and then you can look at a map and see how to get there.

It's your holiday so you really should be planning it yourself. Otherwise pay a travel agent.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by chinarocks on 20/2/2014 at 10:24

I would say three countries in four weeks is a bit much, especially in a region where travel is notoriously slow and unreliable.

Option 1: Stay four weeks in Vietnam (amazing country, much variety and plenty of "adventure, sightseeing and history").

Option 2: 2.5 weeks in Vietnam and 10 days in either Cambodia or Laos.

#4 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.