Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Great eating in Khao Sok National Park

Posted by jodymm on 10/6/2014 at 01:11

We arrived in Khao Sok National Park for a 5 day stay. I had read good eating reviews on Pawns Restaurant so was looking forward to trying it. However, Pawns was closed and my disappointment was great, once I got over it, we wandered down the road and found an open air cafe with lots of garden pots outfront with, lemongrass, different mints, chilli, eggplants of different shapes sizes and colours; Also a sign that promised Thai curries freshly made pastes, and a free homemade dessert! We decided this was the place. We were warmly welcomed into the outside balcony and ordered a fresh fruit shake and 3 dishes.OMG I have never tasted food this good (and I'm a serious foodie). We went to JASMINE GARDEN for dinner the next four nights of our stay, amazing food and definitely a must try while staying in Khao Sok National Park. My rating 15/10 (seriously),the owner, Spiderwoman is great to chat with and you can watch her cooking behind the counter. She also runs cooking classes to share her amazing recipes. We went the Herbies for lunch most which I would give a 5/10.

#1 jodymm has been a member since 17/2/2007. Posts: 9

Posted by Turkishpizza on 10/6/2014 at 06:01

What bungalows are near the restaurant?

#2 Turkishpizza has been a member since 11/5/2014. Posts: 40
 Send Turkishpizza a private message 

Posted by jodymm on 11/6/2014 at 20:18

We stayed in Las Orquideas resort which was amazing, big tropical garden with a balcony that hang in the middle of the tree tops. Lovely breakfasts and hosts that were really present and helped with everything we needed. It is on the main road not far from the park entrance. If you are looking for something more jungle like and very private, we found Our Jungle House (on a walk one day) that is a bit cheaper and in an amazing location. We have friends who stayed there and they loved it. Safe Travel

#3 jodymm has been a member since 17/2/2007. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.