Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Thailand/Laos/Veitnam 3 weeks

Posted by STEEBEE84 on 19/3/2015 at 11:22

Hi all

I go to South east Asia for the second time in a months time, i fly into Bangkok, but we dont have a set itineray at the momrnt, Im thinking along the Lines of Bangkok to Chiang Mai (flight) Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang by boat, Then Luang Prabang to Vientiane by bus, then cross the border to Udon thani then a flight for a quick stopover in bangkok to fly to Hanoi to check out Halang Bay and maybe fly down to Hoi an/Da Nang

Questions

1. does this feel like it is a bit rushed for 3 weeks?

2. by your experiences, is the 3 day boat trip from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang more of a Tour or just a cheaper means of getting into Laos?

Appreciate any advise

Thanks
Ste

#1 STEEBEE84 has been a member since 1/8/2014. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25
 Send STEEBEE84 a private message   Where has STEEBEE84 been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 20/3/2015 at 10:07

Well you can't take a boat from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang. You got a technical problem there. It's kind of bouncing around a lot. some people like that, some don't. Depends on your style.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by STEEBEE84 on 20/3/2015 at 11:58

I beg to differ, im sure you can get a boat from Chiang Mai to luang Prabang, just probably not by water. lol

#3 STEEBEE84 has been a member since 1/8/2014. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25
 Send STEEBEE84 a private message   Where has STEEBEE84 been? 

Posted by amnicoll on 21/3/2015 at 06:22

I would not do this and at a loss to understand why you do not fly from Luang P to Hanoi?

I assume you have chosen these places for a reason and so it is not for me to say one way or the other

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 903
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.