Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary help - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. 3 months

Posted by mitchsnake on 27/3/2015 at 05:19

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Bangkok in August from the UK. We have a flight booked from Bangkok to India on December 17th, however we can change flights if we want so could stay longer.

We would like some help with the itinerary for 3 months for these 4 countries. I have seen similar posts but with different time frames so thought i'd create a new post. We want to visit all the best places, we love beautiful scenery and culture and would like to see a bit of history too. We would like to try and fit in as many activities as possible as well. Rafting, Riding elephants, swimming in waterfalls, bike tours, boat tours etc etc.

So if anyone has done this before, it would be great to get some help and some recommendations of which activities are worthwhile and where. We would also like to go snorkelling and was looking at going in Nah Trang, although i've read bad reviews. So if someone could recommend a good place to go snorkelling that would be great.

We will be getting buses between each place. I think the best route for us to take, is up through thailand, across through Laos, then down vietnam and into cambodia, and back to Bangkok.

Any recommendations at all on activities, must see places, places to stay etc would be really appreciated. We were thinking of not staying too long in Laos, and instead when we get to bangkok, go down to Phi Phi Islands and Phuket.

Adele x

#1 mitchsnake has been a member since 27/3/2015. Posts: 6

Posted by mitchsnake on 27/3/2015 at 08:33

Another important thing for us, is the bus travel between places. Is there any that we need to avoid, i've seen bad reviews for some bus journeys but is there an alternative. we don't want to be flying if we can help it unless it's cheap enough to do so. We have around £3000 each for 3 months. so £6000 in total. India is a seperate budget.

#2 mitchsnake has been a member since 27/3/2015. Posts: 6

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mitchsnake on 27/3/2015 at 09:08

I've just found a lot of related discussions underneath this thread. So I will take a look at those. I'll post back a rough idea of some of the places we want to go and the route to take.

#3 mitchsnake has been a member since 27/3/2015. Posts: 6

Posted by amnicoll on 28/3/2015 at 06:23

Adele, almost the whole of N Thailand, N Laos and N Vietnam will meet your criteria for the scenery as will much of the rest of SE Asia and for "culture" just avoid the main tourist traps (I do not mean do not go to Angkor Wat and such)

If you have the option I would take train over bus

You have plenty of time but do not rush, draft up an initial plan (highlight your own must dos) and come back for guidance and also remember SE Asia will still be open for business next year

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 928
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.