Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Myanmar Consulate General Opens in Chiang Mai

Posted by Captain_Bob on 30/7/2015 at 09:35

"The newest Consulate General in Chiang Mai will provide visas to Myanmar as well as offer services for Myanmar citizens and improve linkages between Chiang Mai and Myanmar."

http://www.lifechiangmai.com/new-myanmar-consulate-general-opens-in-chiang-mai

Looks like you'll be able to get your Myanmar visa directly instead of paying way more and waiting longer via a travel agent.

#1 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by DutchHugo69 on 19/8/2016 at 03:16

I used the Consulate General of Myanmar for a tourist visa to Myanmar. They are say behind the IT Mall on the northwest corner close to the crossing and the hospital you find there.
The security guard is very friendly and as soon as you mention to him you are there to apply for visa he will let you in and point to the counters where you will get your forms. Have all the copies ready what you need. They ask for a copy of your passport, two passport / visa photos and fill in the form. If you have questions the staff speaks English and are willing to help. It cost me 800 Baht and two days later I had to pick up my passport. You receive a receipt what you need to bring when you want to pick up your passport with visa.

There aren't many people queueing like in Bangkok so within a few days you will have your visa and you have staff that are friendly and not stressed. There are plenty of travel agencies in Chiang Mai were you can book a flight to Myanmar and it is a chilled city to stay for a while.

#2 DutchHugo69 has been a member since 16/7/2015. Posts: 2

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.