Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

3 weeks in the area

Posted by azfreed5 on 9/11/2007 at 11:01

Can someone help us with an itineary for 3 weeks in the region. Here is our tentative plan. Is this too agressive and if not, any recommendations as for what to see?

2/9-Dept US
2/10-Arrive Hong Kong
2/11-Hong Kong
2/12-Hong Kong- Bangkok-Ho Chi Min City (Travel)
2/13-S. Vietnam
2/14-S. Vietnam
2/15-S. Vietnam
2/16-S. Vietnam
2/20- Cambodia-Bangkok-Ko Pha Ngan (Travel)
2/21-Ko Pha Ngan
2/22-Ko Pha Ngan
2/23-Ko Pha Ngan
2/26-Phuket/Phi Phi
2/27-Phi Phi
2/28- Phuket-Bangkok (AM Flight)
3/1-Depart Bangkok-US

#1 azfreed5 has been a member since 22/10/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by rocketgirl on 9/11/2007 at 13:01

That looks like quite a tight schedule to me. If I were you, I'd just choose either Gulf of Thailand or Andaman Coast, rather than trying to fit them both in as it takes the best part of a day trying to get from Ko Pha Ngan to Phuket. Also 4 days in Vietnam is not much, unless you're planning on just staying in HCMC the whole time with maybe a daytrip to visit Chu Chi tunnels and/or Mekong Delta?

Also I would look into flights to and/or from Cambodia as otherwise you'll only actually get 2 days in Cambodia - the other 2 days you will be travelling as it takes a day to get from HCMC to Siem Riep (I'm assuming you're going to see the temples) and a day to get from Siem Riep to Bangkok. If you're getting the bus, this is a lot of travelling and you will be exhausted!! You also might not make it to Bangkok in time for night bus to Ko Pha Ngan.

#2 rocketgirl has been a member since 1/10/2007. Posts: 22

Posted by marianwarren on 9/11/2007 at 15:16

Hi azfreed5

With only 3 weeks, I would choose only 1 place in each country and fly between them, giving you 5/6 days there, otherwise I think your holiday memories will be of transportation rather than the countries you are visiting. If you really love it and wished you had seen more - you have an excuse to return.

#3 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.