Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Best option to tour various countries??

Posted by traveling_tKay on 31/10/2015 at 17:22

Allo and thank you in advance!

My friend and I will be traveling/backpacking in south east Asia for approximately 45 days. We will be there from March 1st through early April. I've traveled quite a bit; however, this will be my first time in Asia (yay!). I am so excited and we've been researching sites we want to visit, towns, tourism, food, etc. I am on happy ~ brain overload of information. I'm glad we have the time to plan accordingly to ensure we maximize our trip to experience as much as possible.

We were going to fly into Bangkok and "wing it" to visit Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam (via train, bus or plane). I have looked at various train routes starting in northern Vietnam and then going through the other countries ending in Thailand. So many options and some of which are very expensive. Hop on and off trains? Flights options that would be better? Ugh.... dizzy head with excitement.

Any suggestions on your previous experience???

I would love to hear your suggestions and feedback.

Tracy

#1 traveling_tKay has been a member since 31/10/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by Gogomobile on 1/11/2015 at 05:58

Fly to Trang and head north.

#2 Gogomobile has been a member since 14/4/2015. Posts: 412

Posted by adrianlopez on 19/2/2016 at 02:45

Moving from Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, you can use bus to save money. From Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh spend about $8-$12/pax by bus cheaper than you fly. From Vietnam, you can book train to Bangkok (i am not sure about cost).

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.