Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

2 weeks in Thailand and Vietnam

Posted by manny on 14/11/2007 at 02:08

I know this trip may seem a little rushed, but we only have 2 weeks and want to hit a few spots in Thailand and Vietnam. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Day1 Fly to Bangkok
Day2 Bangkok
Day3 Go to Ko Chang
Day4 Ko Chang
Day5 Ko Chang
Day6 Fly to Hanoi
Day7 Hanoi
Day8 HoLang Bay
Day9 HoLang Bay
Day10 Hanoi
Day11 HCMC
Day12 Go to Mekong Delta
Day13 Mekong Delta
Day14 HCMC
Day15 Fly out of HCMC

Does this look doable? Insane? Any opinions/suggestions welcome. We have done many trips that may seem rushed to others and enjoyed them. However, I want to make sure we don't spend most of our time travelling and little time chilling and relaxing.

#1 manny has been a member since 14/11/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/11/2007 at 09:32 admin

It's probably a little insane, but I've seen far worse! :-)

If you were willing to forgo Ko Chang, I'd suggest skipping Thailand totally and getting your island time on Phu Quoc in Vietnam -- a far better destination in my opinion.

Otherwise, the other point that jumps out is flying down to Saigon just to spend one day there and one day in the Delta -- seems a long way to go for a daytrip.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by manny on 14/11/2007 at 23:04

Actually a friend of mine recommends Ko Phi Phi or Ko Samui instead of Ko Chang.
In Saigon I was planning to spend 2 days roughly as well as 2 days in the Mekong probably on an organized tour.

#3 manny has been a member since 14/11/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.