Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary help- Where should I after Vientiane, Laos (cheaply)?

Posted by PathXO on 4/1/2016 at 20:20

I already covered Bangkok and the North of Thailand, and I'd prefer to leave the islands for later. I came from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng, and then to Vientiane where I'm stumped.

My original plan was going to Hanoi, but I believe I have to fly into Vietnam since I'm Canadian and that's a rule for the Visa on Arrival (can you confirm that?). Seems silly that I can't cross the Laos land border since I have all the time in the world.

I guess my other option is into Cambodia- can that be done cheaply from Vientiane?

Or are there any cheap airlines out of Vientiane? I can go anywhere really. AirAsia is limited there.

Cheers!

#1 PathXO has been a member since 4/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/1/2016 at 06:38

You can go to Vietnam by bus with a visa obtained at the Vietnamese embassy in Vientiane (map here).

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,957

Posted by adrianlopez on 18/2/2016 at 01:15

From Vientiane, you can catch bus to Vietnam not need flight. As i know travelling in SEA countries is quite cheap than other

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.