Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

3 weeks in Thailand 1 week in Bali - IDEAS!!!

Posted by Jinx1 on 18/1/2016 at 08:39

Hi there! What a great site this is. I am a 'virgin' traveller... to South East Asia anyway! March 2017 - planning stages now, myself and 3 other girls are heading to Thailand. We have a few things we 'must' do... we have to fly into Bangkok, (airmiles) we also want to go to Northern TL - (Chiang Mai) to attend the ENP there. We have friends that live in Phuket, so that is a must... problem being, 3 of us can go for a month, 1 can only go for 3 weeks. We also have a gal that wants to go to Bali for 5-7 days out of this month.... Ugh. I know this is all "doable" what would you suggest as an itinerary.... thinking of possibly going to Vietnam or Cambodia as well if possible? Remember the gal that is only here for 3 weeks wants to go to Bali as well... so we are open to going there mid way and returning to TL- she can fly home and we could continue on in TL or elsewhere.... Appreciate any ideas you may have.... :) - JINX

#1 Jinx1 has been a member since 18/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 23/1/2016 at 00:03

certainly do - able but would I recommend it? much depends on what you are looking for. Might forget about Cambodia and Vietnam though, there are plenty of great places in Thailand that you could add depending on interests

For Bali check out flights you may be able to fly out of say Bangkok and back to Phuket or vis versa

Unless you are flying to Chiang Mai and Phuket then do not forget travel time - overnight trains are a good option (though you still need a bus from Surat Thani to Phuket

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by holidayrdherecomethegriswolds on 24/1/2016 at 17:36

Hi, I would spend the entire month in just one place. Thailand is just so beautiful and there is so much to see and experience. Pace yourself and give yourself time to soak everything in. Bali is also beautiful, however in my opinion given the choice I would choose Thailand over Bali. The one thing you don't want to end up with is the feeling of a fast paced tour-'Italy one day, Greece the next, pack your bags, on the bus, take a picture out the window...etc' Use sites such as Tripadvisor and find experiences that you can do. Depending on your interests I have been told that spending a few days at a cookery school is fantastic. We recently spent time as a family in Phuket, 2 weeks, and by then end of that time we were fast running out of things to do. A week here, a week there but based all in Thailand would be the best scenario.

#3 holidayrdherecomethegriswolds has been a member since 24/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by altmtl on 27/1/2016 at 16:24

I agree, spend one month in one place.

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,003

Posted by adrianlopez on 17/2/2016 at 22:53

With one month,you want to visit Thailand , Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali as well, perhaps imposible thing. Because fly to the coutry to other coutry spend 1 day. I think you should miss out one country, Bali maybe. Flying from Thailand to Vietnam and catch bus to Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh to save money.

#5 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.