Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

How much does it cost to travel in Asia

Posted by cainabi on 1/2/2016 at 17:52

Hi guys I need help.
I'm going travelling around September time & while adding up an estimated cost of accommodation was pretty simple, trying to estimate how much it will cost to travel from place to place around Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam are proving difficult.
I'm hoping some of you will be able to tell me both a way to travel (bus, plane, boat etc) & how much the travel is to the places listed below.
In Thailand (flying from the UK to Bangkok):
- Phuket
-Pattaya
-Koh Samet
-Koh Phangan
- Chiang Mai
-krabi

In Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam (not sure where the best places to go are here, any input on that and how to get to them would be great)

In Bali:
-Kuta
-Legian
-Sanur
-Ubud

We're still in the early stages of planning so while we know we're flying to Bangkok, then 62days from then we will be flying from Phuket to Bali and then in 29 days Bali to Australia, we don't know where should we go first in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam from what I've listed above.

Do we do Bangkok to Chiang Mai or take a different route?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

#1 cainabi has been a member since 1/2/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by adrianlopez on 17/2/2016 at 22:35

Hi,
Cost in Thailand, i am not sure about that, so i think you should refer at: Itinerary at Thailand. From Bangkok, you should book a flight directly to Hanoi - capital of Vietnam. To visit Vietnam, i think you should spend 1-2 weeks to travel around Vietnam, i'll give a example of north to south of Vietnam, i've just found on net with 11 days:
Day 1: Noi Bai Arrival
Day 2 : Hanoi city tour full day
Day 3 : Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Hanoi
Day 4 : Hanoi - Halong Bay
Day 5 : Halong - Hanoi - Danang - Hoi An
Day 6 : My Son - Hoi An
Day 7 : Hoi An - Da Nang - Hue
Day 8: Hue city tour full day
Day 9: Hue - Ho Chi Minh city tour
Day 10: Ho Chi Minh - Mekong Delta - Ho Chi Minh city
Day 11: Ho Chi Minh departure
(Source:https://www.vietnamtourbooking.com/en/package-tours/vietnam-highlights-11-days.html)
Furthermore, from Ho Chi Minh, you can catch bus to Phnom Penh very eaisy with ticket's cost as folow:
Mekong Express Lmousine Bus $12
Sapaco Tourist $12
Malinh Express /Malinh Tourist $9-10
Malinh Express /Malinh Tourist $9-10
Phnom Penh Sorya 168 Bus Company $6-7
Furthermore, i make sure for you about travel services in SEA so cheap than other place, but you should avoid touts and duper

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.