Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary Help! Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia

Posted by gabriellahill on 8/2/2016 at 03:50

I will start traveling in SE Asia on March 2nd. I have until around May 16th before I have to head back to the states (so roughly 11 weeks). I am really struggling planning my itinerary. I want to start in Bangkok for a few days, go to Chiang Mai, and then I don't know! I would love to see Vietnam and at least Siem Reap in Cambodia. I also want to try and make it down to Bali for a few weeks, as well as at least a week on Koh Tao to learn to scuba dive. I don't know the best way to make this route happen. I'm willing to cut things out and move slower because I don't really enjoy super fast, no relaxation travel. What would be the best way to do this? Should I do Thailand (Bangkok and Chiang Mai), Vietnam, Cambodia, then back to Thailand and down to Koh Tao? And then from there to Bali?

#1 gabriellahill has been a member since 8/2/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 10/2/2016 at 02:04

"Thailand (Bangkok and Chiang Mai ), Vietnam, Cambodia, then back to Thailand and down to Koh Tao? And then from there to Bali?"

Sounds good. Think about how you'll get from Chiang Mai to, say, Hanoi . If flying you might need to overnight at Bangkok airport. The cheapest carrier Air Asia to Hanoi then leaves DMK at 7am. Otherwise look at going overland through northern Laos. There are overnight buses from Luang Prabang or Vientiane to Hanoi which tend to take almost 24 hours (including long wait at the border in the wee hours) or do it in segments via Nong Khiew and Dien Bien Phu to Sapa.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,957

Posted by adrianlopez on 17/2/2016 at 04:26

Your itinerary sounds good. With about 11 weeks, i think you can travel all places above

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.