Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

where should we go?

Posted by alicelil603 on 10/2/2016 at 07:09

Me and my boyfriend are wanting to go travelling for 5 weeks in june/july this year, yet we are unsure of where would be better to visit either, cambodia and vietnam or Indonesia/singapore? I have always wanted to go to cambodia and Vietnam but some have said the weather may put us off? where in Indonesia it will be very good weather. We are unsure where is best for two 21 year olds wanting to travel to see things and experience culture, relax and the perhaps cheaper option? I cant decide where would be better to go!

#1 alicelil603 has been a member since 10/2/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by adrianlopez on 18/2/2016 at 21:55

The bus costs between $8 and $12 and takes six hours normally from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh. You can catch bus at station in Preah Sihanouk Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

#2 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Posted by Captain_Bob on 21/2/2016 at 05:50

Statistically June/July is wet season in Cambodia/Vietnam, but that doesn't mean it rains all the time. More like a few thundershowers mixed with otherwise warm mixed/sunny spells. It might rain all day sometimes but usually not. I wouldn't let that alone determine where you choose to go. Tons of visitors travel the region during those months. Meanwhile yep, Indonesia is having it's drier season June/July. Singapore seems to have just one season - steamy hot and overcast year round. But again I would focus on what kind of experience you're looking for, rather than base it on weather statistics. "experience culture, relax and the perhaps cheaper" could be anywhere in the region.

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,958

Posted by amnicoll on 26/2/2016 at 06:23

capt Bob is right but for me there is nothing worse than looking for somewhere to stay or heading to the bus/train station with all your luggage and getting soaked or finding travel disrupted

To be honest I would pick Indonesia on the assumption that you would be able to visit cambodia and vietnam on another trip in their dry season

Singapore from what I hear is not cheap

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.