Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

5 - 6 Weeks In Southeast Asia

Posted by Ranger29 on 17/2/2016 at 12:54

Travelling this fall for 5 or 6 weeks to Thailand, Vietnam Laos, Cambodia and Beijing. Planning an itinerary. Any suggestions of where to go or where not to go would be helpful. If you have an itinerary that avoids backtracking even better. Specific hotels, and specific sights to see would also be helpful. Thanks

#1 Ranger29 has been a member since 15/1/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by exacto on 17/2/2016 at 16:07

Hi Ranger,

Scroll to the top of the page and click on the Itineraries tab. That will be a great beginner source of information on various destinations, and help you start to piece together a draft itinerary that you can fill in around the edges as you gain more information. There are solid listing on hotels and sights for most of the cities you would likely visit right here on the site.

We can't really answer your other questions until we know more about you. For example, are you 16 or 60? Are you looking for the party-til-you-puke crowd, seeking to join an ashram, or something in between? Are you on a strictly backpacker budget or did you just win the lottery?

While planning your trip, try to figure in typical weather patterns to help you optimize your time, and also work out ahead of time what the visa requirements are for your nationality and passport so you don't have unpleasant surprises.

You've got plenty of time between now and this fall to pull together a good trip plan. Just don't over plan, so you have some flexibility while you are on the road. Doing the research and planning the trip is an important part of the fun. Good luck.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,831

Posted by adrianlopez on 17/2/2016 at 21:22

With 4-5 weeks spending for travelling 5 countries, i think maybe short vacation. Of course, suitable itinerary, you'll have wonderful trip in each country. First Thailand, you will travel Bangkok and visit some historic centers like Aythaya Sukhothai or Kmphaeng Phet, then visit Khao Yai national park in the northeast of Thailand. Don't forget enjoy special street foods and traditonal foods in there. When visiting Laos, interesting activity with me is elephant trekking tour in northern of Luang Prabang. Then, eatting fresh crab at coastal Kep in Cambodia. Vietnam have many places to visit, but i introduce for you where i love most. Halong Bay's cruise with wonderful seafoods and impossing caves in there. I sure that you'll impressed with Ao Dai- traditional dress in Vietnam, so getting measured up for yourself a suit in charming Hoi An.
Hope amazing vacation in SEA

#3 adrianlopez has been a member since 27/1/2016. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.