Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Solo Backpacking

Posted by GRAEMEMCS1 on 17/3/2016 at 18:15

Hi everyone. I am planning my first solo trip to the region and was looking to start this in September for 4 months. Was looking to do Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and down to Indonesia. However, I have concerns about the weather at this time of year. Should I postpone until October? Has anyone started this type of route in September and was it fine?

#1 GRAEMEMCS1 has been a member since 17/3/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by edwardrainny on 17/3/2016 at 23:01

Actually, there's no"best" time to visit each country because each country have a best time. Howerver, September is good time to travel, i think so. On september is little rain and not to hot with almost contries in SEA.
Happy travels!

#2 edwardrainny has been a member since 5/1/2016. Posts: 12

Posted by amnicoll on 18/3/2016 at 01:55

plan your route to get the best of the weather but certainly rains in Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam tend to lessen in October and finish in November so there is an argument for a later start

You would be surprised how many people visit in the rainy season and they all seem to have a good time so down to your own preferences but me I would delay

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by locadotte on 24/3/2016 at 03:44

I think starting your travels in September is fine, particularly if you are planning to visit the north of Vietnam such as the mountain town of Sapa. From there I would move south but perhaps give HCMC a miss. I would not really let the weather dictate your travels too much as the weather is often unpredictable. Enjoy your time in the region. It's fantastic!

#4 locadotte has been a member since 16/1/2015. Posts: 14

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.