Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Malaysia and Philipins - advice please

Posted by gozub on 20/4/2016 at 16:29

Hello

I will travel 1 month in Malaysia + Philipins in September.

My first idea is a couple of week for each one, but maybe someone could give give me a better idea.

I've been in the rest of the southeast asian countries. I want this 2 now.

Thanks

Gonzalo

#1 gozub has been a member since 12/4/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by ekze on 25/4/2016 at 03:50

First of all you should give as more what you like and what are your preferences - nature, history, beaches ...
As you can easily spend whole month in any on them.
Philippines have one of the best beaches in the world, also it`s quite cheap country so you can save some money for Malaysia if you are on a budget. Start with Cebu and whale sharks watching in Oslob, seeing chocolate hills in Bohol,than head to Siragao for some beach time and surfing, then head to Coron for some island hoping and finish with few days in Manila( not my favorite city but there is some history in it ). For Malaysia I would start with Borneo visiting Orangutans and climbing mount Kinabalu, then 2-3 days for Penang and finish with 2-3 days in KL.

#2 ekze has been a member since 5/9/2013. Location: Latvia. Posts: 6

Posted by gozub on 25/4/2016 at 07:07

Hey, thanks for your answer.

What I want to see:
-Beaches
-Nature
-Local Food - very important
-Popular culture (markets, local places) not much into museums.

I was thinking 1 week in Palawan... I've read that there are beautiful beaches there, right?
I'm not considering Manila.

Thanks again

#3 gozub has been a member since 12/4/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 27/4/2016 at 14:36

"For Malaysia I would start with Borneo visiting Orangutans and climbing mount Kinabalu, then 2-3 days for Penang and finish with 2-3 days in KL"

I agree with ekze when it comes to Borneo. I was only in Kuching, but that was my very favorite stop in Malaysia - I hated KL! To be honest, I really wanted to like Penang, but Georgetown disappointed me except when it came to the good spicy food. I understand that Malacca is really a good place to see.

I too want to see a little of the Philippines, but Manila does look like a place to avoid?

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.