Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

6 months south east Asia and Indonesia

Posted by RobsandJules16 on 1/7/2016 at 02:33

Hello,

I have been reading your forums and newsletters since January all which have given much detail on different areas to visit and things to do. Thank you!

My boyfriend and I have been saving for 11/2 years and have finally gotten to the buying ticket stage!! Now we just need a rough itinerary and route. Please can you help? We have £8000 between us for living after tickets, equipment, visas and vaccines. We have 6 months to travel around South East Asia and Indonesia, arriving in Bangkok 2/10 and flying out on 15/3.

I was thinking of staying in Bangkok for a few days and then heading north and then into Burma, then back into north Thailand, crowding into Laos, Cambodia then Vietnam (north to south) and finally Indonesia. But not sure if this makes sense climate wise or if there will be anything I am missing.

All suggestions and advice needed.

Thank you

Robs and Jules

#1 RobsandJules16 has been a member since 5/2/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by YogaSearcherBali on 3/7/2016 at 08:09

it seem your plan will be have a problem with the weather. From October to March, if you would start in Thailand, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia.

For your information on December, January and February it's raining season in Indonesia, and the same time it will be dry season on Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. The best suggest is start from Indonesia and heading to north of Indonesia (Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos), it will be the best timing otherwise raining season it's not that bad at all.

With your budget for 2 person, it will be alright as long as take control of alcohol expenses ;)

#2 YogaSearcherBali has been a member since 25/2/2016. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 71

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/7/2016 at 20:15 admin

Do you have any kind of rough idea how long you plan to spend in each country?

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by wanderer143 on 3/9/2016 at 15:50

That's quite feasible in terms of your budget and the countries that you plan to visit. Why not include Philippines (Palawan, Cebu or Boracay) to your itinerary too? Also, best to plan your destinations in each country ahead, depending on your interests so you could maximise your trip. Have fun and good luck!

#4 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 136

Posted by shakitasexson on 7/9/2016 at 02:11

In Vietnam, you should spend at least 1 month to travel from the north to the south to some places like Hanoi, Halong, Ninh Binh, HCMC, Hue, Hoian and Mekong Delta and Phu Quoc island as well, Vietnam is quite cheap and easy to DIY, so if you have travel experiences before, you don't need book tour. Furthermore, Mekong Delta is a wonderful place to homestay at local people and join floating market in the early morning.

#5 shakitasexson has been a member since 14/8/2016. Posts: 12

Posted by amnicoll on 7/9/2016 at 05:35

Makes perfect sense climate wise and logic.

read up on visas good idea to book flight to Myanmar before you leave and save problems with not having an onward flight.

Not sure why you should also include the Philippines there is plenty to see and do in the countries you already have.

Whilst I agree you need to work out a rough idea of route and certainly fix the places you really want to see in each country I would say be flexible

#6 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.