Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

October in South East Asia

Posted by NaamaH on 2/7/2016 at 11:05

Hi all,

My husband and I are trying to plan a trip of about a month (or a little more) to Vietnam-Burma-Thailand (a bit flexible with the destinations) from the end of September to the end of October. We got a lot of mixed information about the weather and we would like to get some insights and recommondations from people that traveled in these areas at this time...

Thank U :)

#1 NaamaH has been a member since 2/7/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 3/7/2016 at 07:10

It is potentially a very rainy time of year, but as always in the tropics it is also very hard to predict. Can easily be sunny and warm all day then a big thunderstorm late in the afternoon. Can even rain all day sometimes or not at all. Be prepared for any of the above and it's all good. Once you get into October some regions (N. Thailand for example) tend to dry out before the south.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by elenacopper365 on 4/7/2016 at 03:43

During a month to travel 3 countries, I think having some rushes. You should visit 1 country or 2 only. You can book tour or DIY at Vietnam and Thailand with a month traveling. In Vietnam, you can spend 2 weeks to visit some famous places such as Hanoi, Halong, HCMC. In Thailand, you can visit Bangkok and some national parks in there as well.

#3 elenacopper365 has been a member since 28/6/2016. Posts: 18

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.