Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Advice for visa/beggining of the trip

Posted by thomasapt on 20/10/2016 at 17:33

Hello, me and my friend are traveling from Brazil to Southeast Asia for 2 months. On the arrival we are planning starting from Camboja or Laos, making all the coast throught Vietnam. We are arriving in Bangkok, so we need tips for the start of the trip, where should we start? How and where can we get our visa on borders, if we cannot go throught airport. Which way should be the best, considering we are going to be in new years eve in Vietnam!

Thanks for all, I am really anxious haha

#1 thomasapt has been a member since 20/10/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 21/10/2016 at 08:02

As your initial flight into SE Asia is Bangkok, start from there and head north towards northern Laos or east toward Cambodia, then Vietnam N-S/S-N. Regarding visas, it depends on your nationality/passport. Many nationals can get visa-exempt entry to Thailand for 30 days. For Vietnam it's cheapest to do a pre-arranged visa via online travel agent then pay the stamping fee on arrival (by air only). A few nationalities can get 15-day visa-exempt entry. Otherwise get a tourist visa at a Vietnam consulate in advance. Cambodia and Laos visas are relatively easy, on arrival 30 days for $30/35USD. A typical SE Asia circuit can look something like this:

7174486951_fd2c3e1849_o.png

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,957

Posted by daawgon on 23/10/2016 at 19:59

Remember that N. Vietnam/Halong Bay gets cooler/overcast weather in winter. You might want to travel north to south to get better weather conditions (the south is always nicer in winter). It's easy to get a Vietnam visa in Cambodia if you're doing it overland, but pre-approved VOA is quite easy if you arrive by air.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.