Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Guesthouses that are social enterprises or supporting schools/clinics etc?

Posted by emma33 on 15/11/2016 at 21:44

Hi,

I'll be travelling in south east Asia this year and am looking to stay at guesthouses that are doing interesting things within their communities...like supporting schools or clinics, or are social enterprises. Does anyone know of guesthouses like this? (In the budget price-range).

Thanks!
Emma

#1 emma33 has been a member since 16/11/2014. Posts: 9

Posted by amnicoll on 16/11/2016 at 05:46

perhaps not exactly what you are looking for is Chi Phat in Cambodia where the village has organised a community based eco tourist "industry" where a % of income is fed back into the community

Accommodation is very cheap $4-6 or you could go for one of the more expensive options of a bungalow at around $15

this is a favourite spot of mine and I am a regular visitor and will happily provide you with more info if you want but Nicky has recently written up on her visit on this site and there is also a chi phat village web site

http://www.chi-phat.org/

A word of warning there are some fairly dubious operations around that may claim to be supporting schools or clinics and orphanages and do nothing of the sort

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.