Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

3 week itinerary - Thailand & Phillipines

Posted by Asia123Sophie on 9/2/2017 at 07:55

Hi everyone, I really need help deciding on a 19 night holiday starting in Bangkok (due to flights).
I was thinking:
Bangkok 2 nights
Krabi 4 nights
Phi Phi island 4 nights
Patong beach 3 nights
Koh Phangan 2 nights
Borocay 4 nights

I know this seems a lot but I think all the thailand areas are quite close but not sure how transport between all of them is, is someone able to confirm? Ideally we would like to fly as much as possible but I have heard Air Asia is normally delayed, is this right?

Of if I'm wrong - suggested itinerary would be good too?

Lastly we want to go to a elephant park (where you help elephants), monkey beach and somewhere with good diving. Can anyone recommend the best areas to do this in either Thailand or phillipines?

Thanks for any advice!!!

#1 Asia123Sophie has been a member since 9/2/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/2/2017 at 00:07 admin

Sorry, late reply.

A few thoughts.

1) I would drop Ko Pha Ngan as it will take you, at a minimum, the best part of a day to get there from Patong or anywhere else oh Phuket (unless you fly to Samui and then get a ferry, but even then at least half a day).

2) Patong also a bit of an outlier, I'd be inclined to drop that too!

I can't help of the Philippines as have never been there, but I assume you'd need to go via KL if you're flying there with AirAsia, seems a lot of travel for two days.

What time of the year is this trip?

If you dropped the Philippines, you could do something like Bangkok + Kanchanaburi (see Elephant World ) Krabi, Ko Phi Phi and Phuket/Patong. That is plenty in 2.5 weeks...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,089

Posted by neharani on 27/2/2017 at 23:04

I would prefer Thailand..because there are lots of reason behind this..Philippines is also a good place but I think Thailand is better to explore..Amazing and beautiful beach scenery..and also mess pf tourists on the beach..people of Thailand don’t really hassle you when you are shopping in their stores or at their stalls..some shopkeepers are very nice and some are rude just like in all over the world..you have to take money more than your budget because it is not as cheap as you might think...the fare of every taxi is at least $10.00 one way...food in restaurants are not very cheap..Koh Yao Noi is a small island off of Phuket is not overrun by tourists and it is rural and lovely..mountain bike ride with interesting bike tours is really challenging and amazing..outstanding Vegan food..Easy to travel as a Westerner because many places have set themselves up to accommodate Westerners..you can do shopping of clothes..awesome clothes shops are there.lots of fun and enjoyful place..

#3 neharani has been a member since 23/2/2017. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.