Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Visa applications for Cambodia and Vietnam

Posted by Francie1951 on 15/2/2017 at 00:13

Hi. We have travelled by air to Ho Chi Minh from New Zealand on other occasions and have always applied for a letter of approval for our visas on-line before our departure. We know this only applies to those visitors flying into Vietnam.

This trip we are flying in to Siem Reap , Cambodia and then travelling to Vietnam overland.

We have found by researching on the internet that we can apply for visas for Cambodia on-line before leaving New Zealand or apply at Siem Reap airport on arrival.

A contributor on travelfish mentioned that it is possible to get a visa for Vietnam easily in Phnom Penh but I thought it would be prudent to check whether this information is still current as it was dated February 2016.

My husband has travelled Cambodia then Vietnam before and applied for his Cambodian visa at the airport and his Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh. He found it very quick and simple (and inexpensive)

Incidentally, I was quoted NZD125.00 per person to apply for a Vietnamese visa here.

#1 Francie1951 has been a member since 14/2/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 15/2/2017 at 05:48

if you are flying into Cambodia then by far the easiest and cheapest is to get the visa at the airport. Make sure you have $US and right photos

not sure about best option for Vietnam but if aiming to get it in Phnom Phen will you be there long enough for it to be processed?

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 848
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by SalGoesToVietnam on 17/2/2017 at 06:26

I'm also interested in this. I saw a news story about getting visas for vietnam online from the government there (not an agent) but the website doesn't work?!

As I am flying to Cambodia before Vietnam this would be good to get the visa in phnom penh maybe.

#3 SalGoesToVietnam has been a member since 17/2/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by amnicoll on 18/2/2017 at 04:23

As long as you have the time for it to be processed but also check you are using the right website for applications as I understand there are many

#4 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 848
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.