Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

6 month itinerary from July

Posted by LCdub29 on 16/3/2017 at 04:17

Hi Guys

I'll be travelling through SE Asia starting in July and have the following rough itinerary:

July - Indonesia
August - Philipines
September - Vietnam
October - Laos
November - Cambodia
December - Thailand

I don't really want to plan too much, and the above schedule is flexible, but does anyone have any tips/suggestions on this route before I book a one way flight to Jakarta. First time solo travelling, 29 year old male.

The main reason I've chosen this route is to get as much good weather as possible (I understand August in the Philipines is wet season, however I don't see a way to visit this country during a period with better weather without either:

A. Encountering worse weather in one of the other countries
B. Complicating the logistics of the route
C. Increasing the cost of the trip

Any advice/tips/suggestions greatly appreciated, also open to replacing one of the above countries with another, thanks!

#1 LCdub29 has been a member since 16/3/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by joellarutten on 16/3/2017 at 05:13

September in Vietnam sounds good. If you want to spend a month in Vietnam, you can travel from the north to the south of Vietnam by yourself because Vietnam is easy and friendly for travel alone. However, if you do not travel experiences before, booking tour or traveling with a local guide will be better once for you. Further, when visiting Thailand, you will get 3 free visa weeks in there, so you can free to visit a lot of wonderful destinations. You don't forget enjoy street foods in there which are so delicious and cheap

#2 joellarutten has been a member since 3/3/2017. Posts: 10

Posted by amnicoll on 16/3/2017 at 20:27

A month in the last four is fine but both Indonesia and the Philippines are huge so you are going to have to do some homework and narrow down where you want to see as you will not be able to see everything.

The info above about Thailand is wrong most nationalities get a free 30 day Visa exemption on arrival

Use this site for more info on each of these countries to draw up a rough plan but stay flexible

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by Captain_Bob on 31/3/2017 at 02:46

"The info above about Thailand is wrong"
Yep, cos it's our friendly Vietnamese travel agent back again, who has repeatedly given wrong info about Thailand ;-)

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,957

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.