Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Road trip VN~Cambodia~Laos~VN~Thailand

Posted by jeslie88 on 28/4/2017 at 00:42

Hi,

I am from Malaysia and I am planning to have a backpack trip from August 2017 onwards till January of 2018 for couple of months (4-5 months).
My initial plan is to start with Vietnam south (HCMC) > Vietnam Central then road trip to Cambodia then back to Vietnam Central to the south > then Laos> ChiangMai> Thailand BKK (last stop perhaps ) Do you think this is a good plan for road trip?
As I have been to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh previously, so I may skip Hanoi this time and HCMC just as a start destination since can get cheap deal for flight ticket.

My Budget is around USD 3000.
It would be good if you can share with me any ideal / better plan for my IndoChina that covers these few countries.
Looking forward to hear from you :)

#1 jeslie88 has been a member since 27/4/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 28/4/2017 at 03:06

Why are you retracing your route in Vietnam, why not go to Laos from Cambodia or even do Thailand from Cambodia and then laos

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.