Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Vietnam vs. Thailand in June/July

Posted by alschwar914 on 12/5/2017 at 13:36

Hi,

My friends and I have two weeks to travel in one of these countries at the end of June/start of July. It will be our first time in SE Asia but are all seasoned travelers. We're looking for a mix of adventure and beach. My biggest concern is rainy season as it seems very localized in each country. Does anyone have recommendations on which country/regions to focus our travels in to avoid bad weather?
Thanks!
Alex

#1 alschwar914 has been a member since 12/5/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 13/5/2017 at 04:11

I would play around with some weather maps and look at the typical picture in various places in each country that you are considering.

very often the rain is not 24/7 but a heavy downpour lasting one or two hours in the afternoon BUT Vietnam is subject to Typhoons which are a completely different kettle of fish and best avoided

If it was me I would be less interested in the islands simply cause I would not like to be stranded if the weather is bad

http://www.travelsense.asia/typhoon-season-in-vietnam-what-should-you-do/

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 837
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by Thanha on 15/5/2017 at 18:33

I had good experience traveling in summer in those both countries. Even there was rainy, that helped to soften the hot weather. If you want to spend time at the beach, choose it facing to the east, the sea is quiet. Typhon season begins usually the end of August.
Have a good trip.
TH

#3 Thanha has been a member since 20/3/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.