Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Visit South East Asia in one month

Posted by abbielane456 on 15/5/2017 at 22:56

Hi there,
Actually, I posted in the forum to ask suggestions about Laos trip but I have some changes in the trip because I have more time for traveling about 1 month, so I want to visit Southeast Asia including Laos. I intend to spend one month for my vacation in South East Asia in March - April. I consider some countries including Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. I know that perhaps one month is not enough to cover all the tourist destinations in these countries. I am trying to plan for my trip. What's the weather like at that time? Can you recommend any detailed itinerary? Is it suggested to book a tour? I keep an open mind to any ideas. Thanks in advance.

#1 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by teresamhudson on 16/5/2017 at 21:14

I think you should visit two countries only. You can visit Thailand and Vietnam. March and April are the ideal time to visit Vietnam, especially the Central Vietnam. In Thailand, you should visit mountainous provinces of the Northern Thailand. At that time, the climate in this region is quite mild. But you shouldn't go to the Central and Northeastern Thailand.

#2 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by abbielane456 on 17/5/2017 at 21:23

Thank you for useful information about the weather. Any recommendations of itinerary?

#3 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/5/2017 at 17:13 admin

There are a bunch of suggested itineraries here—probably a good starting point.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,817
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by joellarutten on 23/5/2017 at 03:42

Laos and Vietnam are ok. The climate of them is quite similar to each other. March and April are good time to cover the destinations here. If you land in Hanoi (Vietnam), you can start your trip in the North with Hanoi - Halong - Mai Chau - Sapa. And then, you take the flight from hanoi to danang and visit Hue and Hoian. In Laos, you visit Vientiane - Laos National Museum - Luang Prabang.

#5 joellarutten has been a member since 3/3/2017. Posts: 7

Posted by abbielane456 on 24/5/2017 at 02:58

Thanks so much. @somtam2000, I checked out the site and note some places to visit in my itinerary. Further, I posted this question on other forums and a mate suggested me Asia Group Tour. for referring. I already went to this website. Anyone booked the tour here or know about this one? In fact, I want to have safe and comfortable trip, so I am thinking more about tour or local guide

#6 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by shahfieldd on 25/5/2017 at 23:54

Of course, it is impossible for you to visit all these countries in just one month. In reality, there are a number of beauty spots in Southeast Asia. It's quite difficult to choose favorite sites. Following are typical sights of each country: Angkor Wat in Cambodia; Luang Prabang in Laos; Hoi An in Vietnam and Krabi in Thailand. Laos and Cambodia mainly attracts tourists due to its religion with a range of temples and pagodas throughout the country. On the other hand, if you're fond of beautiful beaches, it is recommended to go to Thailand and Vietnam.

#7 shahfieldd has been a member since 30/9/2016. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.