Text page

Southeast Asia

Southeast Asia forum

Travel in SEA

Posted by joellarutten on 3/7/2017 at 21:01

Hello again,
Where in SEA I will find a place with a comfortable climate and affordable cost of living?
All suggestions are welcome...
P/S: We have more than 2 weeks for traveling

#1 joellarutten has been a member since 3/3/2017. Posts: 10

Posted by flijten on 3/7/2017 at 23:44

Well.... Everywhere :)

We could all just list countries but I'm sure you know them too. There must be something more specific you are looking for?

#2 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 80

Posted by amnicoll on 4/7/2017 at 06:37

Quite frankly without time of year no one can help and even with time of year we do not know what your definition of comfortable might be, some like it hot some like it cold

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by abbielane456 on 4/7/2017 at 21:33

In SEA, I think there is not a lot of options, but there are a few ones. Hanoi (Vietnan) is pleasant most part of the year (town up North has a cooler climate).Bagan and Mandalay (Myanmar) also pretty good climate, can get a little hot during the day, but cool nights.Chiang Rai also cool climate, but only part of the year (Thai winter about 3/4 months only).Luang Praban is cool climate most part of the year (as well other towns in North Laos).

#4 abbielane456 has been a member since 17/4/2017. Posts: 8

Posted by joellarutten on 6/7/2017 at 02:10

thank you for this information good to start with...how much do you pay for your upgraded room in Hanoi.

#5 joellarutten has been a member since 3/3/2017. Posts: 10

Posted by teresamhudson on 7/7/2017 at 02:00

The expense for traveling in Thailand and Vietnam is quite cheap and the service and scenery are ok. Vietnam is cheaper but Thailand seems more modern. Besides, if coming to Cambodia, you can visit Angkor, Bokor national park, Kampong Cham and Tonle Sap lake. I don't highly appreciate Laos. Here there are not many things to explore as well as services for travelers. Note that if traveling in Laos, you don't choose from March to May that is hot season. The temperature can be up to 40C. To save the money, you can take a tour, for ex, Indochina Vacation, to go with a group of people.

#6 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 16

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.