Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

I have 3 months in SEA..Help!!

Posted by alicelil1607 on 11/7/2017 at 11:28

Hi there, I am off to south east asia on October 17th- Jan 17th and need some help.
I was originally going to spend a month in each Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam before I head off to Aus. Speaking to some fellow travellers they have told me that a month in each Laos and Cambodia is too long and I should spend about 2.5 weeks in each and spend 3 weeks also visiting Malaysia...
I am so stuck at what to do, I do not want to rush at all and for example I know I want to see places like Tonle Sap in Cambodia and have enough time to travel up Laos before entering Vietnam at Hanoi...
But I also now want to see Malaysia...should I leave it after my Aus adventure or fit it in?
Thank you, a very lost soul right now! Any help will be loved.

#1 alicelil1607 has been a member since 11/7/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by exacto on 12/7/2017 at 22:28

Hi alice,

Don't panic. Any of the options you've mentioned will be great. The pace of your travel really depends on your style, and if you are looking to see and do a lot, or to slow down and enjoy a more in-depth holiday. You are in the best position to answer the question for yourself.

For a start, scroll up to the top of the page and select the Itineraries section. Have a look at the suggestions for the places you'd like to visit, and see how much time would be needed for the things you would like to do. You should be able to reverse engineer the number of days for each location from there.

You could also take a more "decide on the go" approach, where you set a loose, general itinerary and just make your way. That way you may or may not have time for Malaysia at the end, depending on how things go. You could, however, at least book an advance flight to KL so the option is available if you want it. Have fun. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,734
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.